- How will the merger affect the present service?
The current range of services offered will be maintained and we will progressively work towards increasing the number of services available to our patients.
- Will I need to re-register to become a patient of the new merged practice?
No, you will not need to re-register. You will be automatically registered with the new merged practice and your health records will stay within a single patient database. The NHS safeguards in relation to patient confidentiality of information will continue to remain in place throughout the transition.
- What if I do not wish to remain registered with the new practice?
Firstly, if you have any particular concerns that could be answered without the need for you to change, please do speak to us first. However, if you still feel that for some reason you do not wish to be a patient at the new partnership, you are free to register with another practice that covers your area you need to approach them to find out what is required.
- Will the hours of opening remain the same as they now?
Yes, Greenmount Surgery and Danescourt Surgery will be open between 8am and 6.30pm Monday to Friday, excluding public and bank holidays. One site will cover an on-call service between the hour s of 5.30pm and 6.30pm
- Will the telephone numbers change?
No the telephone number for both surgeries will remain the same .
- Will there be any changes to how I access the GP Out Of Hours service?
No. In order to access a GP outside the normal surgery opening hours patients will still continue to telephone 02920 444500 and they will either signpost you to the most appropriate service or arrange for you to access a GP.
- Will the current arrangements that I have in place for getting my medicines stay the same?
Yes. You will be able to request and collect your repeat prescription in the same way as you do now.
- Will the merge affect any treatment or medication I am currently receiving either at my usual surgery or any hospital?
Any current treatments, medications or investigations will not be affected by the merge.
- Is the appointment system changing?
The current system using both telephone triage and e-consults will continue.
- Will any of the current practice premises close?
Not at Greenmount Surgery or Danescourt Surgery. Caerau Lane Surgery lease will be reviewed in early 2023 with the possibility of Caerau Lane moving all its services to Greenmount Surgery in June 2023. We will keep you informed of any changes.
- Is the main reason to merge so you can recruit more GPs?
As you may have seen in the media, GP recruitment is a national issue. Merging together will widen the pool of GPs, nurses and other health professionals available to our patients, improve access and broaden the services we can offer.
- Will staff be made redundant?
Staff will continue to be employed as they are at present and will be transferred over to the new merged practice under TUPE arrangements.
- What do I do if I want more information?
You can put questions and/or comments in writing for the attention of Sian Davies Assistant Practice Manager or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Thelma Speed or e-mail email@example.com . We will update our websites with further information and these questions as they come in.